The various policies and agreements that have been adopted by St Mary’s PCC, and other documents of interest may be viewed on this page.
Function of the PCC
The PCC’s first function is: to co-operate with the minister in promoting in the parish the whole mission of the Church, pastoral, evangelistic, social and ecumenical.
The next function is: the consideration and discussion of matters concerning the Church of England or any other matters of religious and public interest, but not the declaration of the doctrine of the Church on any question.
The PCC is also the link between the parish and the deanery and diocesan synods, and each PCC has on it one or more members who are also members of the deanery synod.
The PCC is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the church, and for the moveables in the church. It also has overall charge of all expenditure.
Since the Annual General Parish meeting in May 2022 the members of the PCC are:
- Revd. Erwin Lammens (Chairman)
- Revd Dr Sara Batts-Neale (Licensed clergy)
- Dr Glyn Stanway (Reader)
- Sue Jones and Douglas McCormick (churchwardens)
- Nick Gustard, Rick Cawley, Heather Edwards (Deanery Synod representatives)
- Douglas McCormick (treasurer)
- Bonnie Hill (PCC secretary)
- Members: Graham Wadley (director of music), Greg Butler (Asst. churchwarden), Jane Taylor, Eric Jakens, Claudia Alsdorf, Margaret Allison, Sandra Osborne.
The point of contact with the PCC is the PCC Secretary, see here for email details.
PCC meeting Minutes 2023
[No meetings are held in August ]
|January||February||March||Annual Report & Accounts 2022|
Archived Meeting Minutes 2020
Archived Meeting Minutes 2021
Archived Meeting Minutes 2022
The above is all about what the PCC does.
If you are curious to know how it came to be what it is then you may be interested in reading about it in this article