Function of the PCC
The PCC’s first function is: to co-operate with the minister in promoting in the parish the whole mission of the Church, pastoral, evangelistic, social and ecumenical.
As part of its pastoral function St Mary’s church subscribes to a Safe Church Policy.
The next function is: the consideration and discussion of matters concerning the Church of England or any other matters of religious and public interest, but not the declaration of the doctrine of the Church on any question.
The PCC is also the link between the parish and the deanery and diocesan synods, and each PCC has on it one or more members who are also members of the deanery synod.
The PCC is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the church, and for the moveables in the church. It also has overall charge of all expenditure.
Since the Annual General Parish meeting on 30 April 2017 the members of the PCC are:
- Revd. Erwin Lammens
- Glyn Stanway (Reader)
- Margaret Bigwood and Sue Jones (churchwardens)
Graeme Martin (asst. warden)
- Nick Gustard, Rick Cawley, Heather Edwards (Deanery Synod representatives)
- Bill Eborn (treasurer) Vivienne Eborn (assistant treasurer)
- Bonnie Hill (secretary)
- Graham Wadley (director of music)
- Members: Helena Hughes, Jan Marks, Ann Hanagan, Derek Rulten, Barry Smith, Dominique Knutsen, Scott Danielsen, Marika Footring.
PCC meeting Minutes 2017
[No meetings are held in April and August of any year]
|January||February||March||Annual Parish Report 2017-18|
The above is all about what the PCC does.
If you are curious to know what it actually is then you may be interested in reading about it in this article: What is the PCC